Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Here We GO!!

Well...this is it! Tomorrow is our last day of work for the summer and our last tournament round as well!

I have no idea where the time has gone and as bittersweet as it is, I can't decide if I am more excited to see everyone at home, or more disappointed that my time on the road has come to an end. The bright side is that we still have 3 travel days before we have to say goodbye to one another....

However, as I start to look forward, I am sooo excited to see what this next year brings! Not only will there be plenty of new memories with friends, teammates, family, and staff members, but I will also be taking on new responsibilities and experiences all year long!

Come Sunday, I will be flying back to Chicago, getting to move into my first house, starting golf for the season, catching up with my amazing friends and fellow staff members....then Monday, I will get to join in with CA training, go to golf practice, have my first Student Teaching meeting...and then, Wednesday, I will have my first Student Teaching experience at Moline High School! I am sooo excited to see what all of this brings and to just enjoy my senior year!

But, as I look ahead to tomorrow, it is amazing how many "lasts" will be occurring...our last "team dinner," the last tournament round, the last time we pack the trailer, the last time we put out coolers, the last tent tops, the last time we score the juniors...the list could go on forever!

But, most importantly I hope that this will all be "lasts" for the summer...but not forever! There is always next summer....and hopefully there will be many new opportunities there and that....that makes me very excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment