Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Saved the Best for Last!

Wow! That is all I can say!

For all of those that have asked what my favorite location has been this summer, I officially have an answer for you...COLORADO!

Today was my day off for the week and I took advantage of the area and went to explore the Rocky Mountains for the day.

I left about 11 and started by heading to Estes Park, the entryway to Rocky Mountain National Park. The drive through the mountains and upon arriving to Estes Park was absolutely amazing! Just the drive alone was enough to make the trip worth it. When I arrived in Estes Park, I drove to the entrance of Rocky Mountain NP and then decided to go hike to the top of Prospect Mountain instead. I rode a gondola to the platform and I would say we were about 100 feet or so below the summit at that point. The ride up was amazing and it was really cool to see the town below as well as all of the towns in the valleys of the Rockies. Once I reached the top, I hiked pretty much the rest of the way to the summit...it was gorgeous!! Here is a panoramic view from the top of the gondola ride.


After heading back down on the gondola, it was time to head back towards Boulder and check out one more location before calling it a day. From this hiking trail, this is what I could see:


As well as the campus of CU-Boulder...


Overall, today was a day filled with amazing views and unforgettable experiences! I am going to have to find a way to get back here soon and spend a bunch more time exploring and getting the full experience of the mountains!

I can't believe that we just have two more tournament rounds left for the summer and then we begin our journey back to Atlanta and then back to Augie on Sunday! It is going to be a great last couple of days and I can't wait to see everyone at home!! Miss you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment