Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July!

First off....HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!! I hope that everyone had a great day and that you are all getting ready to go see some fireworks soon!! :)

Today was the second round of our tournament and it was another day of double waves. I will say that this is starting to catch up with me. I never realized how exhausting it could be to ride the course twice in a row. But when you consider that it is almost 9 hours straight of riding the course, observing groups, and giving rulings...it is no wonder I am tired by the end of the day!

Since today was the 4th, it was really fun to take a look at all of the juniors' outfits! A lot of them went all out, making red and blue almost seem like the uniform for today. After the round, we had our Care for the Course Party and you could definitely tell that the juniors were excited to get out on the course and drive the carts around!

We are heading out now to go see the fireworks over the Bay/Lake Michigan! I am not sure how many people are actually going from the team, but I am excited to go with our Tournament Director (who is from England and has never experienced an American 4th of July) and check out how the small town fireworks in Michigan compare to Walnut....bet they don't stand a chance! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment