Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

We Made It!!

Well we hit the ground running just before 7 am this morning and pulled into the golf course parking lot just after 8 am!

Right after we arrived, we unpacked the entire trailer and set up Operations HQ so that we were ready to go for the rest of the day and the entire week! Camille and Drew both had the day off, but we got a ton done and I was really impressed by the number of things we were able to cross of the To-Do List!!

We were able to ride the golf course, put up all of the banners, clean and prep all of the coolers, put up the Pace of Play signs, construct all of the tents, stake and rope the starting tees, and I got to help our Assistant determine what the Time Par (amount of time to play each hole) would be this week!

It was a crazy day to follow up an intense day yesterday, but I am glad that we were able to come through and make up for the hours that we missed as much as possible. I am pretty sure that everything is ready to go for tomorrow....and I hope that the qualifier goes well!

I am off for the day tomorrow and I am really excited because I may get to hit golf balls! I guess that I forgot the fact that I moved in with my host family tonight. They are really sweet and I am looking forward to spending time with them this week! The family has one daughter and one son that are between the ages of 4th grade and 7th grade. It is going to be a great change in pace this week!! They are also cool enough to help me get on the golf course this week if I have time and completely take care of me!

But with that, I am exhausted and about to fall asleep! It has been a crazy couple of days and I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow! Goodnight from Nebraska!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment