Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Monday, July 16, 2012

Practice Round and Junior Am

That basically sums up my day!

This morning was an early one as we had a shotgun start for our JuniorAm at 8 am. I was in charge of setting up the golf course today, including setting the tees, checking holos, placing proximities and a couple of other tasks. This took me a good couple of hours and then I had some extra time to finish up various tasks in HQ and out on the course.

The most exciting part of my day was that I got to do the practice round send off this afternoon! This meant that I spoke to all of the players over the PA system, welcoming them to the tournament and going over the important announcements. It was really cool that I was trusted to do that and I was realized how much I have learned about all of this as I wasn't really nervous either!

After the send off, we all headed off on the course to talk to the different groups and check on the players/parents in this really hot weather! This week is also really cool as one of my cousins is playing in the tournament. It was nice to talk to him for a bit today and I am excited that I will have the chance to watch him play tomorrow!

Other than that, it was a pretty typical day on the course! I am excited for the tournament rounds to get underway tomorrow and see how the players react to this course! Hope everyone has a great night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment