Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Friday, June 22, 2012

On the Road Again...

Greetings from Georgia!

As I mentioned last night, we were unable to make it to Orlando and, therefore, had a 14ish hour drive in front of us today!

We left Weston about 7 am and started our trek up the Atlantic Coast. The ride this morning was filled with a lot of sleeping and some sing alongs to Disney movies and other various songs we could find! Everything was going great and we were making really good time until it was time for lunch. 

We ran into Zaxby's to grab food to go and when we pulled out of the parking lot, we went the wrong direction. It wasn't that big of a deal, except it took us about 30 minutes to figure out that we were going the wrong way. So, after about an hour, we passed by Zaxby's once again and we were ready to hit the road! 

After lunch, I was able to get in a couple more short naps and then it was my turn to drive! I ended up driving from about 5-8, at which point we were right outside Atlanta. We quickly switched up our drivers and hit the road to finish up our longest road trip yet!

We finally arrived at the course for the week a little before 10 pm and our Tournament Director, Andrew, was there to greet us. He sent us off with a couple of courtesy cars and a set of directions to find our host family's houses for the week. I am living about 10 minutes from the course, along with Kiley and Camille (and a member of Team 4 - Colleen - who will join us tomorrow). My host family seems to be super awesome and I can't wait to get to know them better over the next week or so!

I will hopefully have the chance to tell you a bit more about the tournament tomorrow...but, for tonight, I am headed to bed! Night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment