Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Friday, June 8, 2012

We Have Arrived!

Well....today was the day. We left Alabama and headed back to the eastern time zone to spend the next couple of weeks in Florida!

This morning I was sooo excited that we would be spending some time in the Florida sun and catching some rays near the beach - the problem is that we have not seen anything but rain and clouds since about 10 this morning! :( I hope that the weather will take a turn for the better throughout the week!

Our day today was pretty dull as we spent from 7 am central time until about 7 pm eastern time making our way from Loxley, Alabama, to Bradenton, Florida! I started off my morning with a wonderful 2ish hour nap and then it was my turn to complete my 3 hours of driving time!! Sydney (Brunie) and I spent that 3 hours listening to Call Me Maybe come on the radio about 5 times or so, talking, and laughing at the pictures of great sleeping poses that were going on in the back seat of the truck. Let's just say that Team 3 really took advantage of all of the available nap time today! Here are just a few samples:


After my turn driving, it was time to grab lunch and then hit the road once again! I remember even less of the next three hours as it took everything in my power to partake in even 5 minutes of conversation.

Once we made it to Bradenton, we had to make a quick stop at WalMart to buy a couple of irons and ironing boards for the week, as well as change into our golf attire to prepare for our arrival to IMG Academies, where we will be staying this week. When we arrived on site, we found out that our rooms were not yet prepared, and they actually weren't expecting us at all! However, they were able to figure everything out and we now have 3 2-bedroom apartments to live in this week. They are not overly nice, but it is definitely something different and most importantly, we even have laundry in each of the apartments!!!

After settling in for a bit, we headed to Outback Steakhouse for a nice team dinner. It was great to just sit around as the 8 of us for a couple of hours and hang out. There isn't much time for this during the week, so it is looking like our travel days will be the ones that bring us closer together!

Tomorrow is a slight sleep-in morning as we don't have to leave until 8, but I think I will head to bed and try to get a decent amount of sleep before we hit high gear again tomorrow!

Goodnight from Florida! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment