Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Sun, Food, Beach & Shopping....

makes for a great first day off in about 24 days!

Today began by sleeping until 9 am!!! It was amazing!!! And the best part was that I only woke up once and freaked out since I thought I was late to work...not too shabby!

Once I was up, I headed out to run a couple of errands that needed to be done and then came back to the apartment to make a couple of peanut butter ice cream pies for the team to eat tonight! They are soo easy to make and I looked forward to eating it all day! Once they were in the freezer, I headed out to start exploring and enjoy the Bradenton area for the rest of the day.

I started off by heading toward Siesta Keys, home of the #1 Beach in the US for the last 4ish years (or something like that)! It was absolutely gorgeous!! :) I picked up some Subway on my way, and stayed at the beach for about an hour enjoying my lunch, reading, taking some pictures, and walking around. I even spent a little time in the water and I was amazed by how warm the water was. After I left the beach, I headed towards St. Armand's Circle, which is basically just a roundabout that has a bunch of small shops and local restaurants. I walked around there for awhile window shopping and checking out the random assortment of goodies that were being sold.

At this point, I was ready to head back to the apartment and get ready for our Player's Banquet that was tonight at the course. When I got back to IMG (our housing for the week), I learned that there was a water main break and that there would be no water for the next hour or so. With that, I decided that today was the perfect day to load all of my pictures, put them on Facebook, and just generally catch up with some computer stuff that I never have time to do! Once that was all done and I was showered and ready to go, I headed back to The Concession and met up with the rest of our staff this week! It was great to see everyone after having been away for the day and to get to hang out with some of the juniors.

The highlight of the night was Paula Creamer. She not only spoke to the girls during the dinner, but she allowed to ask them a wide range of questions and even took pictures in the photo booth with a bunch of them! She was very gracious and patient, and I am super excited that I was able to be in a picture with her and get her autograph! :)

Overall, today was a very relaxing day and it was great to get away from the course for a couple of hours! The best part though was going back and interacting with our staff and all of the girls - definitely made me realize just how much I love my job this summer! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG! So lucky!! I didn't see you picture with Paula! You have to put it up!

    ReplyDelete