Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Monday, June 18, 2012

Our Arrival in Weston!


Greetings from Weston, Florida!

We arrived at the course this afternoon after a couple hours of driving and a few scenic detours!

Today was a pretty laid back day due to the short hours and the work that we completed before dinner. 

When we arrived, we worked to unload some of the bigger items in the trailer and all of the communications equipment. After that, Kyle, Drew, and I headed out on the course with Curt and Dr. Heda, our tournament chairman for the week, to choose hole locations for all four rounds. While we were doing this, the remaining members of the operations staff and the communications staff worked to unpack more of the trailer, set up HQ, clean coolers, and various other tasks.

When we were done at the course, it was time for us to head to our housing for the week. Camille and I are staying with a family right on the golf course property, Kiley is staying with another family, and then the rest of the staff is staying at the host hotel. I am super excited for this opportunity and I can’t wait to get to know the Carver family over the next couple of days!

After getting situated at the house, we headed out to dinner with Dr. Heda and his son, who will be playing in the tournament this week. We went to a local pizza place and had some awesome wings and cheese pizza for dinner! After dinner, Dr. Heda also treated us to some ice cream from DQ. Tonight was definitely a great start to our week in Weston!!

With that, I am headed to bed for the night. I just found out that I have Monday off, so it is just one more day of work for me before I hit the beach! Can’t wait! J



I apologize for those that have been waiting...this is the first time that I have had access to the internet all week...but I will be uploading the posts that I have written the last few nights!


No comments:

Post a Comment