Follow my adventures as I travel across the country visiting golf courses in 9 different states over the next 12 weeks!! This adventure with the American Junior Golf Association (AJGA) will be fast-paced, exciting, rewarding, and full of interesting stories everyday!

Thursday, June 28, 2012

TOC: Part 3!

Today was the third round of the Rolex Tournament of Champions (TOC) and it was another fun-packed day!

I started off this morning by touching up the Rolex signage around the course. Colleen and I were able to tackle that project pretty quickly and join most of the staff for a quick, but well-deserved, sit-down breakfast.

We had two rounds of tee times throughout the day and I was a rules official during both waves. For the girls, I was responsible for 2 groups and for the boys' wave, I was responsible for 3 groups. There really wasn't anything too exciting during my time on the course. It was rather unfortunate that the girls didn't keep their hole-in-one streak going though! Each of the last two days, a different girl has gotten a hole-in-one on #3. It was quite the sight and would have been a really cool streak to continue.

Other than that, we had our normal breakdown after the rounds were over and then we all rushed back to our host families to get ready for the Player's Dinner this evening. This was a nice ceremony that recognized the male and female junior golfer that best represented the philanthropy and volunteer spirit that the USGA and AJGA promote. It was really inspirational to listen to what these juniors have done and the stories behind their upbringings.

With that, I am off to bed! We have the final round tomorrow and we are losing about half of our staff for the week! :( I am sure it will be a crazy day.....but hopefully we will be breaking our streak of packing the trailer in the rain!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment